Expert: Mirabai Holland, MFA, ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist, & ACE Certified Health Coach, is one of the leading authorities in the Health & Fitness Industry and a public health advocate who specializes in preventive and rehabilitative Health & Wellness programming and coaching. She has implemented her fitness and wellness programs in hospitals, fitness facilities, spas and corporations worldwide.
Over her 30-year career she has worked with numerous MDs, to develop exercise protocols addressing various health issues and counseled thousands of clients.
- Implemented Health Coaching Program For Employees Insured by Your Choice Manatee Health Plan
- Bariatric Program/Coaching For Your Choice Manatee Health Plan
- Implemented Cardiac Health, Nutrition & Stress Management Coaching Program For Employees Insured by Your Choice Manatee Health Plan
- Health Coaching For Preventing Diabetes Program For Employees Insured by Your Choice Manatee Health Plan
- Consultant for Neuro Challenge Foundation, Inc. Sarasota, FL. Wrote the Pedaling With Parkinson’s (PwP™) Training Manual, exam and created a PwP™1-hour training video. Conducted the first PwP™ certification program that led to the 1st PwP™ program at Health Fit, Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s medical fitness facility
- Consultant for Lenox Hill Hospital, NYC, she designed & wrote the 1st Women's heart exercise protocol for their Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase II Program.
- Developed and wrote a congestive heart failure exercise-training manual for visiting nurses, NYC.
- Designed the exercise program for Rutgers University College of Nursing entitled " A Culturally Attuned Exercise Intervention for Coronary Heart Disease At-Risk Minority Women and Children.
- Contributor to the National Arthritis Foundation's PACE (People with Arthritis Can Exercise) manual.
- Served four years as chairperson of the American Council On Exercise (ACE) Exercise Instructor Examination Committee.
- Designed & implemented the first Osteoporosis Prevention Exercise Class in the USA, Skeletal Fitness®- A Workout For Your Bones.
- Active volunteer for health organizations including the National Osteoporosis Foundation, (Her Skeletal Fitnessâ Bone Loading Exercise DVD is recognized by the NOF) American Cancer Society, American Heart Association and sat on the committee on Preventive Cardiology and the Women's Heart Initiative.
- Served 13 years as Director of Fitness and Wellness Programs at the 92nd Street Y in NYC. Managed Cardio Rehab Phase 3-4, Program, & implemented Cancer, Diabetes, Arthritis, Better Back, Osteoporosis, Weight Management Health & Wellness Programs.
She is the creator of several home exercise videos that are Customer Top Rated on Amazon and QVC.
Content Provider: Mirabai, and her company NuVue Digital Media Inc., is a Fitness and Wellness Content Provider For Healthy Aging. She specializes in original High Quality, Graphic Supported Articles, Video, Audio, Music And Stills.Her mission is to provide entertaining content that helps people make informed lifestyle choices.
- Content has appeared in Huffington Post, Health Monitor, Today’s Diet And Nutrition, First For Women, Health Monitor, Dr. Oz’s Sharecare, Aetna and trade magazines like IDEA Today, Metro Sports, Club Industry and Fitness Management
- Holland's writing reaches over 2 million readers. Her syndicate Boomer Fitness & Health blog Moving Free With Mirabai is part of a consortium with 700,000 monthly visitors.
- Mirabai has made numerous TV & Radio appearances as a Health & Fitness expert including the Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS Nightly News, CNN, New York 1, Fox News, and Doctor Radio.
Lectures: She is a speaker at major health and fitness organizations and corporations including National Wellness Association, Medical Fitness Association, Forbes, Time Warner, American Heart Association, Education Coalition of the NJ Interagency Council on Osteoporosis, NJ Foundation of Aging, Helen Hayes Hospital, National Arthritis Foundation, United Nations, NIKE Women's' Symposium, The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine, Metro Sports, HIRSA, Club Industry, IDEA, East Coast Alliance, AAHPERD, Mind Body & Medicine and Women’s Health Symposium, and 92nd Street Y in New York City.
Certifications: She is GOLD certified by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), and a Certified Health Coach. She is an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist (Examiner & Workshop Leader For A.C.S.M.), the Aquatic Exercise Association, Johnny G Spinning Certification, Tai Chi For Arthritis Certification, and the Medical Exercise Specialist certification from the American Academy of Health and Fitness Professionals. She holds an M.F.A. degree from New York University.
For more information about Mirabai please visit www.mirabaiholland.com